1. Enter the classroom in a quiet and orderly manner.
4. Place all notes or forms from parents in the "Notes For Mr. Meinberg" MAILBOX AND CHECK YOUR MAILBOX.
5. Make sure you have 2 sharpened pencils and 2 pens.
6. Complete morning work - Math Daily Practice (DMP), English Language Arts Daily Oral Language (DOL), and Writer’s Journal (also you may work on Red Hot Root Words, Spelling, or Mountain Math).
7. Pledge of Allegiance and announcements.
During the Day
1. Enter and exit the classroom in a quiet and orderly manner.
2. Read all directions carefully 2 times.
3. There is no getting out of your seat, walking around the room, or sharpening pencils during a lesson.
4. While in the hallway, walk quietly and orderly on the right hand side of the corridor in number order.
5. If you finish an assignment early, CHECK YOUR WORK!
6. After you have thoroughly checked your work, you may look at the "WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR WORK" sign and read a book, newspaper or magazine, work on your Writer’s Journal, work on your Math Problem Solving Journal, DOL, DMP, study your weekly spelling words, write a letter to anyone, complete make-up homework, work on your Reading Log/book responses, clean and organize your desk or help others on your team.
7. Put your full heading on all paperwork that is handed in to the teacher.
ALLOW MR. MEINBERG TO TEACH!
SMILE AND ENJOY EACH DAY!
1. Place all your books and belongings that you are taking home on your desk.
2. Please wait quietly until you are called by teams to get your coats and back packs.
3. Return to you seats and pack your belongings quietly.
4. Make sure your team area is clean - pick up loose papers, pencils, etc.
5. Stack your chair carefully near computers.
6. Help others in your team who need help at dismissal.
7. Get ready for daily "Team Points" winner.
8. Stand quietly at your desk until called to line up for dismissal.
In order for your homework to be complete and earn full credit on your homework, you must:
1. Make sure you write down the right "stuff."
2. Make sure you bring home the right "stuff."
3. Make sure you do the right "stuff."
4. Make sure you bring in the right "stuff."
5. ALWAYS TRY AND MAKE AN EFFORT ON YOUR HOMEWORK!
*Make sure your parent/guardian looks over your agenda each night and checks your assignments.
*Remember Mr. Meinberg’s favorite saying, "WINNERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN!"