As we come to the end of another school year, Forsyth County Food Services will no longer allow Negative charges to student accounts effective after meal service on Friday, May 6th 2016.

To ensure that your child can continue to enjoy school meals or to clear your student’s account of any negative balances, please send a payment (cash or check) to the school, or visit, to make a payment online.



school lunch

   Sawnee Elementary Food and Nutrition

     Forsyth County Nutrition is committed to the success and well being of our students by providing quality food with exceptional  services


 Foodservice Manager 3-5 building

Karen Hughes 

                                                                          Phone 770-887-6161 Ext.771191

 Foodservice Manager  K-2 building
Phyllis Silvers 
                                                                               Phone  770-887-6161  Ext. 772149


CLICK HERE for the COLORFUL refrigerator version of the ELEMENTARY Menu for MARCH,2016


MealCharge policy and Courtesy Snack


The Board policy for students without adequate funds to purchase school meals allows for elementary students to charge up to 5 lunches.  Negative meal charges are not allowed for middle or high school students, adults, or for any ala carte purchases.  Students who have unpaid meal charges will not be allowed to purchase ala carte food items until meal charges have been repaid.

Elementary students who have exceeded the charge limit, as well as middle and high school students without sufficient funds for lunch, will be offered an alternative snack of a cheese sandwich and milk or juice.  To prevent your child from being offered the courtesy snack, please provide money for your student's meals each day or prepay for meals in advance.  School cafeterias make every effort to inform students and parents when funds are low with notices sent home via student, verbal reminders to students, and apple stamps.

Parents are responsible to ensure that children have an adequate lunch from home or sufficient funds to purchase school meals.  To assist parents, student account balances can be monitored any time via    regardless of whether you use the online funding option, send cash or checks, or you may call the school nutrition program.


To view a student meal account balance (or to fund their account) go to  and  create an account.  Add your student(s) by entering their student ID# and selecting their school.  The account balance displays in the middle of screen. We also recommend that you set a Low Balance Alert ($10 or higher is suggested) using the links on the page to receive an email reminder when funds are low.


AndreaPerkins, MS, RD, SNS

Asst.Director, School Nutrition Program

770-888-3473 x202426


ForsythCo. School Nutrition Program

1140Dahlonega Hwy

Cumming,GA 30040

 “In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

We are committed to providing quality food with exceptional service.


"Thisinstitution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."


Meal Prices: $2.50 student Lunches   $1.40 student Breakfasts
Reduced lunch: $.40                                 Reduced Breakfast: $.30
Employee Lunch price: $3.00                 Breakfast price: $2.00
Guest Lunch:  $3.50                                Guest breakfast: 
On- line payments information  : Parent on line
  Free and Reduced Forms are accepted anytime of the year.
A new application must be on file each new school year !

        Nutrition Information Click Here

        10 reason to work in School Nutrition Click Here

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed form or letter to us by mail at
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Last Modified on April 12, 2016