As we come to the end of another school year, Forsyth County Food Services will no longer allow NEGATIVE CHARGES to student accounts effective after meal service on Friday, May 6th 2016.
To ensure that your child can continue to enjoy school meals or to clear your student's account of any negative balances, please send a payment(cash or check) to the school, or visit to make a payment online. 

Welcome to the Silver City
                                                                        Comet Cafe
 Deanna Starling




MealCharge policy and Courtesy Snack


TheBoard policy for students without adequate funds to purchase school mealsallows for elementary students to charge up to 5 lunches.  Negative mealcharges are not allowed for middle or high school students, adults, or for anya la carte purchases.  Students who have unpaidmeal charges will not be allowed to purchase a la carte food items until mealcharges have been repaid.

Elementarystudents who have exceeded the charge limit, as well as middle and high schoolstudents without sufficient funds for lunch, will be offered an alternativesnack of a cheese sandwich and milk or juice.  To prevent your child frombeing offered the courtesy snack, please provide money for your student's mealseach day or prepay for meals in advance.  School cafeterias make everyeffort to inform students and parents when funds are low with notices sent homevia student, verbal reminders to students, and apple stamps.

Parents are responsible to ensure that children have an adequate lunch from home or sufficient funds to purchase school meals.  To assist parents, student account balances can be monitored any time via   reguardless of whether you use the online funding option, send cash or checks, or you may callthe school nutrition program.


To view a student meal account balance (or to fund their account) go to and create an account.  Add your student(s) by entering their student ID# and selecting their school.  The account balance displays in the middle of screen. We also recommend that you set a Low Balance Alert ($10 or higher is suggested) using the links on the page to receive an email reminder when funds are low.




 The Forsyth County Nutrition Department is committed to the success and well being of our student
 by providing quality food with exceptional services
Meal Prices


 You can register today at to prepay for your
childs meal using your Visa or Mastercard. You must use a Six digit student ID
number, school, and student's date of birth to register and place money on your
childs account. If your child's meal account ID is less than six digits, you must put
in a leading zero(s) to make it six digits. If you do not know your child's ID, contact
your school nutrition manager.


Nutrition Information and Links Below:
                            Breakfast and Lunch Menus and Information Click Here
                            Free and Reduce Application Click here
                            Nutrition Information Click here
                            Health Inspection Scores Click here
                            Pay for students lunches On- Line with 
                    Click here




“In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:,  and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)        email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”







Last Modified on April 21, 2016