Congratulations to Anne Ogilvy
One of Six Finalists for National Counselor of the Year
Vickery Creek Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at VCE has been awarded the RAMP status.
This award recognizes schools that are committed to delivering a comprehensive,
data driven school counseling program and an exemplary educational environment.
Our professional school counselors are Anne Ogilvy Grades 1st, 3rd & 5th and Barry Eber Grades K, 2nd & 4th
What do Elementary School Counselors Provide?
• Support for academic concerns
• Instruction in decision making & goal setting
• Guidance in developing and maintaining peer relationships
• Instruction in career awareness
• School Counseling for students in crisis
• Parent workshops
How do School Counselors provide this to Students?
• Classroom Guidance Lessons
• Small Group guidance for referred students (i.e. study skills, friendship)
• Individual meetings with students
• Parent and/or Teacher conferences
• Referrals to outside agencies