The Forsyth Academy is a small, non-traditional high school geared toward students who are seeking an educational experience outside of the traditional school setting or those that wish to accelerate their learning and graduate early. Classes are held in the morning (8:00 - 12:00) or in the afternoon (12:30 - 4:30). Students are scheduled into predominately morning or afternoon classes creating the flexibility that some students need.
The Academy incorporates a caring philosophy and approach that combines strong personal relationships between staff and students with an intense focus on academic achievement. The Academy serves high school students that are not succeeding in a traditional school setting and who :
- Lack interest in a traditional school enviroment and are seeking another learning option
- Experience poor academic achievement
- Are chronically late to or absent from school
- Are at high risk of dropping out of school
- Want to accelerate their learning opportunities and graduate early
The Academy's environment challenges students to complete assignments at their own pace using online, computer-based curriculum. The low student / teacher ratios allow the students to receive the one-on-one attention they need to be successful in class.
Requirements to attend Forsyth Academy:
- Student and parents must be Forsyth County residents.
- Student and parents must complete an application for Forsyth Academy and submit it to the base school counselor.
- The base school counselor must complete the recommendation portion of the application and submit the entire application to Forsyth Academy.
- Student must be identified as a student that can be successful in a non-traditional setting.
To view the application process please see the
"Application Procedure" tab.