The E.I.P. Program is designed to serve students who are at risk of not reaching or maintaining their academic grade level. It is a state funded program that serves students in reading and math from Kindergarten to Fifth grade.
Purposes of the Early Intervention Program:
- Provide additional instructional resources
- Obtain the necessary academic skills
- Reach grade level performance in the shortest time possible
Students are identified for the E.I.P. program based on need. Many different criteria are considered for eligibility in the EIP program.
- Augmented – E.I.P. Teacher supports students in their classroom
- Pullout – students are instructed in the E.I.P. classroom
Silver City Elementary School E.I.P. Teachers:
- Susan Mitchell
- Sally Campbell
- Michelle Gardner
- Julie Auten