Welcome to Forsyth County Schools! We are glad that you are joining our growing family. For your convenience, registration is available at the Hill Educational Center, located at 136 Elm Street, Cumming, GA 30040 (CLICK: Map and Directions). Please contact the Registration and Records office at (678) 947-0863, ext. 0 to schedule an appointment to register (calls will be returned within 24 business hours).
The Registration Center
Monday - Friday
8:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm
(closed 12:00pm -1:30pm daily)
June 9th thru June 27th and July 7th thru July 11th
Monday-Thursday (Closed Fridays)
7:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-5:30pm
(Closed 12:00-1:30 Daily)
June 30th thru July 4th
Monday-Thursday (Closed Friday, July 4th)
8:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm (Closed 12:00pm-1:30pm Daily)
Register early, walk-ins are taken between or after appointments as our schedule permits.
New Student Registration for grades 1st thru 12th for the upcoming
2014-2015 school year has started.
Please call 678-947-0863, ext 0 to schedule an appointment to register.
Entering Kindergarten and First Grade: According to Georgia law, children must be five years old on or before September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten and six years old on or before September 1 to enroll in first grade. The only exceptions are students who were legal residents in another state for a period of two years immediately prior to moving to Georgia and are age five on or before December 31 and who attended an accredited kindergarten in another state or regional association or the equivalent thereof, may enroll in public kindergarten. Students who are six on or before December 31 and who attended an accredited school in another state or regional association or the equivalent thereof, may enroll in first grade.
Temporary grade placement will be assigned by proof of age (grades KK or 01) or grade appropriate age. An official request signed by the parent or guardian for prior records will be sent to prior school (grades 01-12) for verification of grade placement by the local school.
CLICK: Registration Information
To locate your 2013-2014 attendance zone visit
To locate your 2014-2015 attendance zone visit
Who may register the student? The biological, foster or adoptive parent must enroll the student. If the student is not living with the biological, foster or adoptive parent, a temporary guardianship form must be obtained from the Probate Court located at 112 West Maple St, Cumming, GA 30040 (770-781-2140) or the guardian must have a court order to allow the student to register. A photo ID will be required for parents and guardians.
Residency: To enroll in Forsyth County Schools, the student’s parents or legal guardian and the student must be a full time resident of Forsyth County.
Forsyth County Schools must have ALL REQUIRED information upon registration for students to be enrolled and to receive a schedule.
1. Proof of Residency
If you own your residence please provide the following two documents.
If you lease or rent your residence please provide the following two documents.
****If you have not received a utility bill, you may contact one of your utility companies to request proof that service has been initiated. The proof must include Parent/Legal Guardian name, company name, and service address.
Click here for more information regarding Out of District requests for moving in 90 days. (Purchase/Sales Contracts for new homes)
If you are unable to provide both proofs of residency in your name please complete a Forsyth County Schools Affidavit of Residency. (Notaries are available at the Registration Center). The following two documents must be provided in addition to the Affidavit of Residency.
2. Copy of Birth Certificate (proof of age)
A certified copy of the Birth certificate (may be requested from the Georgia Department of Human Resources Vital Records at 404-679-4701 or Forsyth County Probate Court at 770-781-2140. Birth certificates for children born in other states may be obtained by contacting the Vital Records Department within the state) OR Hospital issued Birth Certificate OR Hospital issued Birth Record OR Military ID (student) OR Passport OR Adoption Record OR Religious Record signed by an Authorized Religious official.
3. Immunization Certificate (NEW for 2014-2015 - 7th graders and new entrants grades 8th thru 12th Tdap and MCV) "New Entrant" means any child entering any school in GA for the first time of entering after having been absent from a GA school for more than twelve months or one school year.
4. Certificate of Ear, Eye, Dental, and Nutrition Examination (NEW GA Form 3300- Revised 2013) - for any child entering a GA school for the first time or any child entering after having been absent from a GA school for more than twelve months or one school year.
A current (must be dated August 7, 2013 or more recent for student that will be starting Special Needs PK or Kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year) and complete (hearing, vision, dental, and nutrition exam) Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300 is required by state law. This form is available from the Forsyth County Health Department located at 428 Canton Hwy, Cumming, GA 30040 (770-781-6900) or a Georgia physician.
5. Social Security Card or Waiver Form - waiver form will be provided at the time of registration. Students are not eligible for Hope Scholarship unless a copy of their social security card is received.
6. Please provide judge signed and court documented custody papers if parents are separated or divorced. The parent that has primary physical custody will need to enroll the child based on their address. In cases of separation or divorce the student will be deemed to reside with the parent/guardian who is indicated in the legal agreement or the court's final decree to have physical custody. In cases of joint physical custody by parents, the student will be deemed to reside with the parent/guardian with whom the student resides overnight during the majority of the school week (Forsyth County Schools Board of Education Policy JBCAA). If parents do not have judge signed custody documents, they may complete an Adult Affidavit (available at the Registration Center).
7. Please bring emergency contact names and phone numbers.
CLICK HERE TO PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD ONLINE
FOR THE CURRENT 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR ONLY
This is a pre-registration process only, you must still appear in person at the Registration Center in order to complete the registration process. To schedule an appointment to register call
(678) 947-0863 ext. 0 (calls will be returned within 24 business hours).
Also in this section: