Forsyth Academy is currently accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year. Please see the information in the "Application Procedure" tab.
The Forsyth Academy is a small, non-traditional high school geared toward students who are not succeeding in a traditional school setting. Classes are held beginning at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 9:15 p.m. Students are schedule into predominately morning, afternoon, or evening classes creating the flexibility that some students need.
The Academy incorporates a caring philosophy and approach that combines strong personal relationships between staff and students with an intense focus on academic achievement. A Services Coordinator helps students with non-academic issues that may effect their ability to learn. The Academy serves high school students that are not succeeding in a traditional school setting and who typically:
- Lack interest in a traditional school enviroment and are seeking another learning option
- Experience poor academic achievement
- Are chronically late to or absent from school
- Are at high risk of dropping out of school
The Academy's business-like environment challenges students to complete assignments at their own pace using online, computer-based curriculum. The low student / teacher ratios allow the students to receive the one-on-one attention they need to be successful in class.
Requirements to attend Forsyth Academy:
- Student and parents must be Forsyth County residents.
- Student must have completed the 9th grade.
- An Application for Admission must be completed and submitted to Forsyth Academy.
- Student must be identified as a student that can be successful in a non-traditional setting.