As the nation's 11th fastest growing county, Forsyth County's growth and increasing cultural diversity have had a positive impact on our schools. Highly motivated students come to our classrooms locally and from all over the world. Our students bring with them support from home and an excitement that keeps teaching fresh and new.
Besides being only 30 miles from Atlanta, Forsyth County is also just minutes from the Blue Ridge Mountains and is nestled alongside Lake Lanier, a favorite recreational venue. Numerous world-class parks, recreational and cultural activities, as well as well designed green space and health care services, are available for all ages.
Our thriving local economy features countless retail centers and Forsyth County's first mall, The Collection Forsyth. Additionally, the county is only twenty minutes away from three major shopping malls. Lanier Technical College and North Georgia University are located in Forsyth County. Over a dozen colleges and universities are also less than one hour from the county. A variety of housing options are available, from apartments to townhouses, to planned subdivisions and country living.
Located along Georgia’s “Technology Corridor” of Georgia Highway 400, the economic profile of Forsyth County is quite diverse, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses opened by local entrepreneurs who saw a market for their product or service. Close enough to the city, yet still small enough to know your neighbors and enjoy the fresh air of the country, Forsyth County is a great place to live, to raise a family and educate your children.
For more information, please see the links below:
- 212,438 residents (2015 U.S. Census Bureau)
- #1 Healthiest Community in Georgia (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2013-16)
- Top 100 Best Communities for Young People (America's Promise-2010 and 2012)
- Home to 30 International Companies (15 have located their North American corporate headquarters in Forsyth County)
- 2nd Best Place in America to “Get Ahead” (Forbes Magazine – 2008)
- 13th Wealthiest County in the Nation – 2nd Wealthiest in Georgia (Forbes Magazine, 2008)
- One of the 5 Fastest Growing Communities for Job Growth (CNN/Money.Com, 2005)