Educational Setting Decision 2021-22 School Year
In an effort to meet the evolving needs of learners, DeSana Middle School is offering three educational settings for the 2021-2022 school year. Families will have the opportunity to indicate their choice of educational setting for the first semester during the survey window of Monday, April 12th at 8:00 am-Friday, April 30th at 4:00 pm.
In addition, DeSana Middle School will host a virtual FAQ session on Wednesday, April 21 at 7:00 pm and Friday, April 23 at 11:00 am. These sessions will also be recorded and shared.
To help families with this decision, DeSana Middle School has posted the information below to help answer questions you may have about what is best for your child. Please read descriptions of each of the educational settings below.
- Traditional Face to Face Instruction: Traditional Face to Face courses will continue to be offered on campus. Students in these classes will be expected to come on campus daily to receive instruction. All DeSana Middle School courses will continue to be offered in this format.
- DeSana Virtual Academy: DeSana Virtual Academy courses will include daily live sessions in which students must log in and engage in the lesson at specific times of the day. Attendance during live sessions is required. For hour long classes, students can expect live sessions to last 20 or more minutes. For block classes, students can expect live sessions to last 30 or more minutes.
- Forsyth Virtual Academy (Asynchronous): DeSana students seeking ASYNCHRONOUS (no live instruction or scheduled log-in time) courses may elect to take courses through Forsyth Virtual Academy, To request these courses, parents will need to visit: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/fva for more information.
Decision Guide Resources
- Virtual FAQ session Wednesday, April 21 at 7:00 pm or Friday, April 23 at 11:00 am (links will be provided as we approach the meeting date).
- A recording of the FAQ will be sent via IC Messenger and Parent Newsletter.
- DeSana Middle School Educational Decision Survey 2021-22
- The survey is for first semester only.
- This survey will be available on Monday, April 12th at 8:00 a.m.
- The survey will close on Friday, April 30th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Please reach out to Principal Keith Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.