DeSana Middle School Partners in Education
The Business-School Partnership
The mission of our DeSana Middle School Partners in Education program is to create and sustain a very viable and collaborative relationship with many and varied community businesses and other organizations so that we may work in tandem to help provide and enhance some new and wonderful opportunities for our DeSana students. We see each partnership as unique and look forward to planning a distinct business/school partnership that matches the strengths and resources of our business partner with the programs, opportunities, and student and staff needs at DeSana Middle School.
Opportunities for Involvement
- Provide mentors for students.
- Sponsor academic extracurricular events. (i.e. Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, Oratorical Contest, Science Fair, Social Science Fair, Technology Fair, etc.)
- Support the media center with monetary donations to purchase many different kinds of resources --- books, books on tape, tablets, chrome books, media center furniture, etc.
- Provide discounted food, uniforms, supplies for sports teams or clubs.
- Volunteer and support community service day with students.Support staff recognition events. (There are a variety of ways.)
- Sponsor a student recognition program as we honor our students in a variety of ways (i.e. Pride Award, Academic Achievement Awards, etc.)
- Provide monetary donations for Science lab equipment, Art projects, Technology Class projects, Physical Education equipment, and other instructional resources for our students.
- Sponsor a DeSana Dragons Spirit Night.
- Provide in-kind services or goods and/or discounted savings that are in line with your business offerings and resources.
- Sponsor school wide special events (Veterans Day Celebration, Class Assemblies, Dragon Camp, etc.).
- Provide recognition for our DeSana Teacher of the Year.
- Provide scholarships for students in need for special field trips, activities, and events.
Benefits for Business Partners
- Your business promoted on our DeSana web site, Facebook & Twitter, as well as in our monthly digital newsletter to parents, The Dragon Digest, and at events with potential for banners and additional signage.
- Business partners who provide services to the school receive priority when the school purchases products.
- Opportunities for county-wide recognition as a Partner in Education.
Please contact us to discover how your company can play an instrumental role in being a part of DeSana’s Success!
Keith Sargent, Principal
770-667-2591 X 491515