Welcome to the Hendricks Health Office page!
If your student has unused medication in the school clinic, please make arrangements to pick it up by 12:00 noon on May 24.
We are unable to store or keep medications during the summer months.
Any medication that is not picked up by 12:00 noon on May 24 will be disposed of by school staff.
I hope this finds you and your family happy, healthy and enjoying these last days of the school year!
I have been honored to be your child's school nurse this year.
Because people are still being diagnosed, if your student is exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 (cough, nasal congestion or runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, headache, loss of appetite, fatigue, muscle pain or soreness, fever, shortness of breath, or new loss of taste or smell) or Influenza, particularly if they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for either, please allow them to stay home and rest until you determine if a doctor's visit is necessary. In the event your child needs to rest at home, our wonderful teachers have worked hard to make sure their assignments are accessible in ItsLearning. Students can log in and take care of these when they're feeling up to it.
In the event the school needs to reach you:
- Please make sure your telephone numbers and email addresses are correct in Parent Portal.
- Please list all adults (18 and older) able to pick up your student in Parent Portal.
- Consider putting the school's phone number in your Contacts list so you see us on caller ID. How about a dedicated ring tone? :-)
- You have the ability to choose the order in which adults are contacted with the Emergency Priority option.
- Consider having a responsible adult/friend/neighbor listed in Parent Portal on standby in the event you are unable to get to the school to pick up your ill child in a timely manner.
- Remember that a photo ID will be needed to collect your student.
For students with chronic/long-term conditions, please have the appropriate forms (see link) filled out and signed by the pediatrician or specialist. This information will be used to care for your child while at school or on a field trip. These care plans are good for one calendar year.
With plenty of fresh air, sunshine, healthy food/water, and adequate sleep your child can SOAR like a Hawk!
Please don't hesitate to call or email me with any questions or concerns.
Have a SAFE, HEALTHY, and HAPPY SUMMER!
Jeanette Gibbs BSN, RN
(678) 965-5038 x502030