Welcome to the Counseling Departmentat Sawnee Elementary!
Mission of the Sawnee Elementary Counseling Program
"To support all students in the development of academic, career, personal,
and social skills necessary to achieve quality learning and life long success."
A child may see the counselor for
- Review and discussion of academic needs
- Any problems that they may have
- A loss of a family member or close friend
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Improvement and aid in the development of positive self-esteem
- Family concerns or fears
- Developing and increasing social and organizational skills