Welcome to the World of Track and Field at NFMS!Coaching Staff:
2020 NFMS Track ScheduleMarch 13th 4:00 PM - @ WFHS - MS InvitationalMarch 18th 5:45 PM - @ WFHSMarch 25th 5:45 PM - @ WFHSApril 1st 5:45 PM - @ DHSApril 15th 5:45 PM - @ DHSApril 22nd - County Meet @ WFHS - 3:00 PM2020 Track tryouts =
- Ty Carnes, Head Coach/Assistant Athletic Director
- Jim Gray, Assistant Coach
- Dusty Hoyle, Athletic Director/ Assistant Coach
- Mallory Grant, Assistant Coach
- Conditioning - Feb. 19 and Feb. 20= 4:30-6:00 PM
- Tryouts - Monday Feb. 24th through Friday Feb. 28= 4:30 - 6:00 PM.
- Practice begins - Monday, March= 4:30 - 6:00 PM
Track and field is a sport made up not only of individuals competing with other individuals and teams, but with individuals striving for self-improvement both in competition and practice. All Track athletes are expected to have a strong work ethic and positive attitudes.Eligibility for team membership: All tryout participants must have passed 5 courses in the previous semester and have a current physical exam (good for one calendar year) on file in the school athletic department. (Physicals are offered in the Spring of each year to all students at a minimal cost)Tryouts: See above information. All participants are encouraged to try all areas of track and field during the tryouts. Positions for the team are based on head to head competition and the willingness to work hard.
- Parent meeting - Tuesday, March 3rd @ 6:00 PM in the NFMS gym.
Season: The schedule of meets usually begins in February/ March and concludes in April.
League: NFMS track teams are members of the Forsyth County Middle School Athletic Association (includes all FC middle schools) and therefore compete with each of the county schools.
All questions regarding the track program at NFMS should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
NOW is the time to be getting in shape for track tryouts........