Welcome to Riverwatch Chorus
- At Riverwatch, our choral students make a big leap from their elementary choruses to learn and experience true musicianship.
- In class students learn the mechanics of the voice and how to properly use it to produce a great vocal tone.
- All of our chorus students learn how to read music well, enabling them to sing gain musical independence and perform challenging and complex music.
- Yearly we sing music from many cultures, eras and in many styles - from classical to pop music, renaissance madrigals to fold songs and spirituals.
- Our students have the opportunity to perform many times throughout the year - on and off campus.
- We have students involved in all levels of honors - from All-State Chorus members to District 9 Honor Chorus and Forsyth County Honor Chorus. There are also practice exercises available for sight-reading on itslearning.
Chorus is a fantastic musical experience designed to provide students with the practical experiences they would recieve through private voice lessons in a unique setting for large group performance. Students gain interpersonal skills, develop lifelong practice habits, an appreciation for varied styles of music, and a foundation for lifelong music engagement.
Although nature has gifted us all with voices, correct singing is the result of art and study.-Aristotle