South Forsyth Middle School Business
The goal of business education is to provide students with a deeper understanding to the following:
- Keyboarding techniques
- Employability skills of the 21st century
- Careers in business, computer science, and other pathways
- Personal finance
- Money management
- Problem solving/Critical thinking/Communication skills
- Individual career plans
The units of exploration will be conducted using a variety of methods that support student ownership + personalized learning.
- 6th Grade: FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- 7th Grade: FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- 8th Grade: FOUNDATIONS OF INVESTING + FINANCE
All 6th, 7th, + 8th grade students are eligible and encouraged to become members of FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). FBLA provides great opportunities for students to strengthen their leadership skills and participate in school and community service activities. Students may also choose to compete for recognition as an individual or team event during local, regional, and state competitions. Many of today's business leaders credit FBLA membership as the starting point of their journey toward success in business.