North Forsyth High School Attendance
Phone: 770-781-6637 x 160100
FCSS Attendance Policy: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/687
Please forward attendance / check-in / check-out information for your student to Ms. Beth Sokol, Attendance Secretary. Parent or medical notes can be sent in with your student, delivered in person, faxed or emailed. NO checkouts or excused absences by phone.
- Please include: student first and last name, student ID number, date(s) of absence(s) and reason.
- Notes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted in writing to the attendance office located in the NFHS main office or sent by fax to (770-781-2273) within five (5) school days of absence to be excused.
- Student written notes are not accepted.
- If arriving after 8:30 AM students should report directly to the attendance office to check in and receive a pass to class. Students may check themselves in without a parent/guardian.
- NFHS does not use the pick-up list from your student’s card from middle school. We go strictly by the information you enter in Parent Portal. NFHS will not release any student to someone who is not on their approved pick-up list. To update this list, log in to Parent Portal and select the Demographics tab where you can add approved adults. You will need to do this for each student you have at North Forsyth High School. If you need help with your Parent Portal login, visit: https://campus.forsyth.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/forsyth.jsp
- When checking a student out you will need to provide the student number and your picture ID. * Tip: store your student’s ID number on your phone.
- If it is necessary for your student to check-out early due to illness, they must see the school nurse first. Nurse Watson may require that their parent or guardian provide their approval prior to the student leaving school premises.
- The latest a student can check-out/check-in is 3:20 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up before this time.
- When sending a detailed email requesting that your student be checked out by someone not listed in Parent Portal the email must originate from a parent or guardian email address you have in Infinite Campus. Please include the name of the person checking your student out as it appears on the ID they will be presenting to check your student out.
- Email check out requests are only for students who drive to school. Students who drive themselves are permitted to check themselves out provided that their parent or guardian send an email to the attendance office. Email should originate from the parent/guardian email on file in Parent Portal and include: student first and last name, student ID number, date, time, reason and parent/guardian contact number. Please allow at least one hour prior to the student’s check out time.Students who do not check-out with the attendance office before leaving campus will be considered skipping.
- Download the Campus Parent App to sign up for notifications of your student’s absences.
Drivers' Licenses and Certificates of Enrollment
- Students are required to have a Certificate of Enrollment completed by the school before they can get a learner's permit or a driver's license.
- These forms are not available in electronic copy; they must be picked up in the attendance office.
- Students should come to the main office to acquire the form(s). A certificate of enrollment cannot be faxed. The completed certificate of enrollment will be ready after 36 hours.