2022-2023 Parking Policies
The application process for parking for the 2022-2023 school year will follow the procedures below:
The parking fee is payable when parking tags
are picked up before the start of the school year.
Parking Tag Pickup Requirements
Parking tags can be picked up in the West Hall Office on before 3:00 PM.
Students must pick up their tag in person. No parents, friends, relatives, etc., will be allowed to pick up a student's tag without the student being present.
Students MUST BRING the following items:
- your valid Class C or D driver's license. NO LEARNER'S PERMITS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Payment or evidence thereof:
- Payment by check: bring a $125 check made out to SOUTH FORSYTH HIGH SCHOOL - put Parking in the memo line. NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED IN PERSON.
- Payment online: You can prepay for your parking tag by going to our online payment portal, My Payments Plus. YOU MUST BRING A PRINTED COPY OF YOUR ONLINE RECEIPT.
All parking spaces are pre-assigned by administration. We cannot entertain requests for parking in specific locations on campus.
Any parking tags that are not paid for and picked up by Tuesday, August 2, will be forfeited and given to someone on the waiting list.
The 2022-23 Parking Application Results have been posted. Students can log into itsLearning, go to the SFHS Student Body Group course, and view the announcements on the Overview page to find the link to the results.
(If you are already logged into itsLearning, you can click here to go directly to the SFHS Student Body Group Overview page.)
If you do not have your full valid driver's license
by August 4, 2022 (the first day of school),
you will forfeit your parking space.
Parking Application Requirements
- Application window for Seniors is from Monday, April 25 through Friday, May 6.
- Application window for Sophomore and Juniors* is from Monday, May 9 through Friday, May 20.
*Sophomores and Juniors who will be eligible to have their full driver's license (Class C, D, or M) by August 4, 2022 (the first day of school) may apply for a parking spot.
- The form will require a Google account to complete, and will only let you submit one application per account. If you have multiple students who need to apply, each student should apply using their own account. (Every FCSS student has their own Google account through the district.)
- Proof of eligibility is still required - you should digitally scan a copy of your valid GA driver's license (front and back), proof of insurance, and vehicle registration.
- If you have concerns about digital file security, you should still complete the application online (leaving the Proof of Eligibility Upload blank), and email Mr. Scott Morlanne.
- If more applications are received than there are parking spots, then the selection process will be through a random lottery of all eligible applications. THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS AVAILABLE.
- All eligible seniors will be allocated a parking spot (subject to availability). If any spots remain, eligible sophomores and juniors who have applied during the appropriate window will be entered into a lottery for the remaining spots.
- The list(s) of students receiving parking spots will be posted in the SFHS Student Body Group in itsLearning.
- Students will be assigned a specific parking spot; that spot will not be determined until parking tag pickup.
Special notice: Due to the increased number of students participating in a non-traditional school day, we will not be able to honor any special parking considerations for students involved in programs like Out of District, MOWR, IE2, Teaching as a Profession, athletics, band, internships, or any similar programs. We recognize this is a huge inconvenience but there is no way to prioritize who would receive spaces and there simply are not enough spots to fill all needs. Thank you for your understanding as we deal with growing pains.
For any questions or clarification, please feel free to contact Mr. Scott Morlanne at email@example.com.