HOW WE'RE KEEPING STUDENTS SAFE AND NOURISHED
The safety and health of our students and employees is the number one priority for Food and Nutrition Services. All of our School Nutrition managers and assistant managers are ServSafe certified and every staff member receives annual food safety and sanitation training. Each team member will follow current Department of Health and CDC guidelines when preparing and serving school meals.
Here are some other practices we have put into place to keep your child safe while enjoying a nutritious meal at school.
- Students will practice social distancing in the serving lines.
- All foods will be packaged, cupped or individually wrapped.
- While being mindful of the environment, all grade levels will use utensil packages/napkin, fork, spoon and disposable trays.
- Condiments will be pre-portioned packs or cupped. Students will not utilize pumps or bottles.
- All grade levels will use Touchless check out methods.
- The use of share tables will be eliminated.
- Masks and gloves will be worn during serving.
We strongly encourage families to use the My Payments Plus on-line payment system to eliminate cash trasactions whenever possible. Checks will be accepted at the line.