AP Coordinator: Kelli Schuyler, email@example.comAP Exam Coordinator: Rebecca Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Exam Testing Information 2023- 2024
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2023 @ 7:00PM
**Second Semester only online GAVS AP Course exam registration closes February 20th , 2024 @ 7:00PM.
About AP Exams
The Advanced Placement Program (AP) offers students the opportunity to take college-level courses and exams in high school, with the potential to earn college credit and/or advanced placement in courses at many colleges and universities in the US and around the world. The AP Exams administered in May are standardized exams designed to measure how well students have mastered the content and skills of a specific AP course. Most AP courses have an end-of-year paper-and-pencil exam, but a few courses have different ways to assess what you’ve learned—for example, AP Art and Design students submit a portfolio of work for scoring.
AP Exam Fees:
$98 per exam and
$25 per year per student administration fee.
AP STEM Content Area AP Exam Waiver
- The State of Georgia will cover the exam fee of $98 for ONE STEM content area AP Exam; however, the administrative fee of $25 still applies.
- During the registration process in Total Registration, students must select if they are taking a STEM content Exam as part of the Total Registration process.
- Their registration will be queued, so the $98 waiver may be applied. Students will need to check back to complete payment and registration.
- Once the waiver is applied, the registration will be released for payment.
- Queued waivers are cleared daily during the week and Sunday nights on the weekends.
2023-2024 Homeschool AP Exam Registration
- Location: Denmark High School
- Link to Denmark High School AP Webpage
- Starting with the 2023-24 school year, AP Chinese will be offered every year by Forsyth County.
- AP Chinese is only offered to Forsyth County students.
- AP Chinese will be offered at Denamrk High School this year
OPENS on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
CLOSES on Tuesday, October 24, 2023 @ 7:00 PM
Registration for GAVS second semester-only courses opens on January 4th and closes on February 20, 2024.
Registration completed after October 24th will incur a $40 per exam late fee from the College Board.
Exception second semester-only online AP courses.
- ALL LATE REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 1, 2024.
- No additional exam registration will occur late or otherwise after this date for Lambert High School.
Cancellation of Exams:
- The cancellation of an AP exam(s) will incur a $40 per exam cancellation fee from the College Board.
- If the cancellation is requested prior to November 15, 2023, students may get a full refund of the $98 exam fee(s)
- After November 15th, the cancellation fee of $40 per exam applies.
- The $25 Administration Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Two-Step AP Exam Registration
In order for the AP Coordinators to submit an exam order for students, all students must register for AP exams online in BOTH the My AP platform AND Total Registration.
Exams will ONLY be ordered once students have:
1. Registered in the My AP Platform
- Use of teacher-supplied join code to join AP Classes
- access to student resources and
- register intent to take exam(s)
- default setting “undecided”
- students must select "Yes" or "No"
- student information collected for AP testing labels
- The payment platform is used by district high schools.
- Parents/ students make payment directly online through Total Registration
- Join codes are also available on TR site. (Particularly useful for “Exam Only” sections for online AP courses)
- Payments are made online by debit or credit card (also option to mail in payment).
- Siblings must register separately. Each student needs his/her own individual registration/accounts.
Join Codes for each course and section, including the "Exam Only" sections, are available on Total Registration once students have created an account and registered for their exams.
- To find the join codes, students should go to their Total Registration home page after registering.
- Select “Student Account History”
- Find the Join Code(s) on the right-hand side of the table.
Online students may find it more helpful to register in Total Registration and then the appropriate class section in My AP. See information for online students.
Links to Complete Registration