"You cannot educate a child who is not healthy,
and you cannot keep a child healthy who is not educated"
- Dr. Jocelyn Elders
School Nurse: Karen Surio, RN
Clinic Hours: 8:00AM-4:00PM
Phone: 678- 965-5050 x 411082
Please notify the school nurse with any health concerns that may need attention while your child is attending school.
Services provided by school nurses include:
1. Promotion of healthy lifestyles.
2. Healthcare counseling or guidance to students, their families, and to staff.
3. Identify health concerns by observation and assessment of needs, and provide appropriate care.
4. Medication management.
5. Immunization verification according to state guideline requirements.
6. Screenings: vision, hearing, and scoliosis.
The operative theme in all we do is "WELLNESS". Children of all ages must be physically,mentally, and emotionally healthy so they are able to learn. Forsyth County school nurses promote the health and safety of our students in school, at home, and in the community. We are dedicated to ensuring that your child is not only safe at school and healthy, but we will work with you to guide your children on a path of total wellness.