Karen Surio RNEmail: KSurio87@forsyth.k12.ga.us678.965.5050 ext. 411082
678.965.5052 FAXTo ensure the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines should be followed regarding medications:
- ***ALL medication (prescription and non-prescription) must be kept in the clinic for administration other than emergency medication ( with proper documentation) per FCS Guidelines and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Medication needs to be brought to the school clinic by a parent or guardian
- Students will be given medication at school only with written permission from a parent/guardian. The Request for Administration of Medication form must be signed and will be kept on file at the school with the medication in its original container.
- If the medication is to be given longer than 2 weeks, physician's signature is required.
- New medications or medication with change in dosing, or timing must be accompanied by an updated parent/physician signed Request for Administration of Medication form.
- Prescription medications must be in the original prescription labeled container, which must state the student’s name, date, name of the prescribing physician, name of the medication, instructions for administering the medication and name of the pharmacy filling the prescription. Medication brought in baggies or other unmarked containers will not be given.
- If prescription medication will need to be given at school, we suggest that you ask the pharmacist to give you two labeled prescription bottles so that you have one bottle at home and one at school.
- Students may not have medication in their possession except with a physician's order for emergency situations only. *If your student will need to carry medication to be used for emergency situations, please complete and have signed by your physician, the appropriate emergency action plan along with the Authorization for Students to Carry a Prescription Inhaler, Epinephrine, Epinephrine Auto Injector, Insulin and Diabetic Supplies, or Other Approved Medication Form.
If you have any questions about this procedure, please call Nurse Karen - 678.965.5050 ext. 411082.
Last Modified on July 5, 2022