Vickery Creek Middle School History
VCMS, home of the Vipers, opened with 700 students in 1999. It was named after the community, Vickery Creek, in which it is located. Vickery Creek is named after a Cherokee woman named Sharlot Vickery who lived in present-day Roswell and owned much of the land around the creek. The creek was originally called Cedar Creek; however, the name was changed to Vickery some time after the arrival of Roswell King and family in 1834. The building was a new construction prototype, which has been replicated across Forsyth County multiple times and also modified into a two-story design. It received classroom additions and renovations in 2002. Vickery Creek will be celebrating 25 years of service to Forsyth County in 2023-24!