Car Rider Guidelines
Daves Creek Elementary School
In an effort to continue to improve the efficiency of our car rider line, we would like to take this opportunity to review some basic guidelines with our families.
- Children should be dropped off beginning at 7:50 AM. Unless you are going to the Dolphin Cove Day Care, you can not enter school prior to 7:50. We do not have staff on hand to supervise children dropped off before 7:50.
- Cars will be unloaded the entire length of the sidewalk. Wherever your car stops along the sidewalk, it is where your child will need to exit and proceed into the building. Please do not request that your car pull further ahead or at the door for drop off. This significantly delays our line.
- Please pull up as far as possible when dropping your child off in the morning. We do not have enough staff members to open all the car doors, so many children will need to get out of the car on their own. We are also trying to teach independence, so your children should be able to get in and out of the car on their own. If there is a special circumstance, please let us know.
- If we have rainy days, we will continue to unload the entire length of the sidewalk. Please be sure your children are dressed appropriately (rain coat, umbrella, shoes) to walk into the building. Rainy days increase the size of the carpool line, so you may need to leave home a bit earlier to plan for possible delays.
- Encourage your child to be prepared to quickly exit your vehicle as you stop. Please make sure they have put games away and have everything they are bringing into school ready to go.
- Children should always exit your vehicle on the passenger side. This is a huge safety concern for us. Please adjust car seats so your children can exit/enter on the passenger side.
- When the vehicle in front of you begins unloading, you should also begin to unload.
- Please remain in the line and wait for the cars in front of you to exit. Please refrain from pulling around other cars unless authorized by school personnel.
Children should not be dropped off in the Joint Venture parking lot. All carpool parents must go through the carpool line. Due to safety concerns parents aren’t able to park and walk their students in.
- Parents who have parked and are coming into the building are asked to use the crosswalk from the parking area to the main building entrance. We have seen people attempt to cross at other areas and walk between cars. For safety’s sake, we must insist that the actual crosswalk is the only point used for crossing.
- In the afternoon, we need you to go to the assigned flag and we will get your child to that flag. If you stop early, the flow and length of carpool is delayed.
- School begins at 8:20 AM. In order to be considered present, your child must be in their classroom by 8:20 a.m. Your child will need at least 5 minutes to get to their classroom, so they should be coming into the building by 8:15 AM. Students dropped off as the bell is ringing will be considered tardy. Parents will need to park, come in and sign their students in as tardy.
Of course, we encourage all of our students to take advantage of our bus transportation. This is the best way to ensure that your students arrive at school on time.
We appreciate all you do in making our children’s transportation as safe and efficient as possible.