South Forsyth High SchoolScience National Honor SocietyFaculty AdvisorsCindy PhilpotRoom 494Amanda ColavitoRoom 495
Membership Information - Our first meeting is Tuesday, August 23, 2022. This is a required meeting for current members and information for students interested in applying for membership.
New Member Requirements: 11th or 12th grade, 3.0 overall GPA, 3.5 science GPA, taking or have completed a minimum of one AP or IB science course, currently enrolled in a science course.
To maintain membership, students must maintain GPA and course requirements, attend monthly meetings, be an active member in a science club, and complete service to the scientific community.
Meetings for the 2022-23 School Year
all meetings are held in the War Eagle dining hall from 3:45-4:30
- August 23, 2022
- September 20, 2022
- October 18, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- January 24, 2023
- February 28, 2023
- March 21, 2023 [senior points are due]
- April 18, 2023 [junior points are due]
Science National Honor Society Vision
SNHS will be the prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for America.
We pledge to:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Last Modified on July 27, 2022