South Forsyth High SchoolScience National Honor SocietyFaculty AdvisorsCindy PhilpotRoom 494Mary CooperRoom 490Amanda ColavitoRoom 495
Membership Information - Please plan to attend our information meeting for new members (and first requried meeting for returning members) on Tuesday, August 17, 2021--> This will be a vittual meeting and click here for the form (you must be logged into your school google drive)!
New Member Requirements: 11th or 12th grade, 3.0 overall GPA, 3.5 science GPA, taking or have completed a minimum of one AP or IB science course, currently enrolled in a science course. stop by room 494 for a paper copy for an application starting 8/17 ***Due September 2, 2021***
To maintain membership, students must maintain GPA and course requirements, attend monthly meetings, be an active member in a science club, complete service to the scientific community.
Meetings for the 2021-22 School Year
3:45-4:30 in the media center on the following Tuesdays: August 17, September 14, October 19, November 16, December 14, January 18, February 15, March 15, April 19
Science National Honor Society Vision
SNHS will be the prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for America.
We pledge to:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Last Modified on August 17, 2021