We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
What is Girls on the Run?
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, experiential learning programs for girls age eight to thirteen years old. The programs combine training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts. The goals of the programs are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development.
The Girls on the Run objective is to reduce the potential display of at-risk activities among its participants. The goal is fewer adolescent pregnancies and eating disorders, less depression and suicide attempts, as well as fewer substance/alcohol abuse problems and confrontations with the juvenile justice system.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
At Girls on the Run we strive to:
1. Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making process2. Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
3. Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
4. Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
5. Lead an open heart and assume positive intent
6. Stand up for ourselves and others