Test Anxiety(and resources for other kinds of anxiety, too!)Articles:
- Helping Students Cope with Test Anxiety by Henry Harris and Doris Coy.
- Helping Your Child Manage Test Anxiety - an article in The Parent Letter - About Our Kids: A Letter for Parents by the NYU Child Study Center
- Managing Test Anxiety: Advice for Students by Greg Henderson, MSSW, Psychotherapist
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner - This workbook is a great resource for kids who are experiencing a lot of anxiety. It is meant to be a joint activity between parents and kids.
- Testing Miss Malarkey by Judy Finchler - This is a humorous fictional book about standardized testing. Could be used to help open a discussion with your child about the anxiety that surrounds testing.
- The Worry Wars: An Anxiety Workbook for Kids and Their Helpful Adults by Paris Goodyear-Brown