Liberty Middle School Responsible Use Guidelines for Technology(these guidelines include personal technology as well as school owned technology)While there have been few changes to our Responsible Use Policy from last year, the few items that have changed are quite important - be aware of these changes and make sure you know what you can and can't do with tech here at Liberty!
- Students should understand that using digital devices (whether personal or school owned) and the FCS network is a privilege, and when used according to the LMS/FCS guidelines, they will keep that privilege.
- Students bringing personal devices to school should understand that they are to be used for educational purposes only.
- Students should have personal devices (phones, tablets, laptops, e-readers, etc.) turned OFF (not on silent or vibrate) unless they are being used in class as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Students must use our filtered BYOT wireless network and are not allowed to use personal data plans.
- Students are not allowed to use any type of personal device in school hallways or restrooms.
- Students should keep their personal information (addresses, phone numbers, user id and passwords) and that of others private. Notify technology staff if you think your student information has been compromised.
- Students should show respect for themselves and others when using technology, including social media.
- Students should give acknowledgement to others for their ideas and work.
- Students should treat all school property (including technology) with respect and report any problems to a teacher or technology staff member.
- Students should report inappropriate use of technology immediately.
Last Modified on June 1, 2022