Course Waiver Request Guidelines
Guidelines for requesting a change of course after registration:
- Submit an on-line Course Waiver. The form is located on each high school’s website.
- Meet the deadline for submission published in registration materials, usually a date in early spring of each year.
- After the deadline and prior to the beginning of the subsequent school year, all completed Course Waiver submissions will be retained in the scheduling department.
- Before the school year begins, if class space is available, the completed forms will be used to determine if and which course changes may be made.
- No course changes after the first day of class will be made with the following exceptions:
- Student has an empty period in schedule;
- Student has already completed and passed the course listed;
- Student has not met the prerequisite(s) for the course listed;
- Student needs a course to meet graduation requirements; or
- Administrative balancing of classes.