If a student is really sick, he/she should be kept at home.This helps stop infection of other children. Children should not attend school if:
- Temperature is 100.4 or above, children need to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school.
- They have had diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours.
- They have a rash with fever.
- They have pink eye, (red or pink eyes with white or yellow discharge), they may not return until 24 hours after treatment has begun.
- They have Strep throat-they may not return until after 24 hours of treatment and without a fever.
- They have head lice-they must be treated with lice shampoo, the school nurse notified, and proof of treatment (the box top) must be returned to school.
- They have ringworm, they may return after 24 hours of treatment
- They have chickenpox, they must stay out of school until all lesions have crusted over.