Hello , welcome to 6th Accelerated Math!The Mathematics Department at Riverwatch Middle School follows the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS) for this Accelerated CCGPS 6th/7th A course (Full 6th Grade content, plus first half of 7th Grade content)
Listed below are the detailed pieces of the 6th grade Accelerated course. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Carissa Bull.
- Apply and extend understanding of operations with all rational numbers
- Expand linear expressions with rational numbers
- Solve two-step and multi-step equations
- Understand solving equations as a process of reasoning and explain the reasoning
- Solve real-world problems using mathematical and algebraic expressions and equations with positive and negative numbers.
- Decide whether two quantities are in a proportional relationship
- Identify the constant of proportionality and its relationship through equations
- Use proportional relationships to solve percent problems (Simple Interest, Tax, Gratuities, Discounts, Percent Increase and Decrease)
- Solve problems involving scale drawings/scale factor
Last Modified on December 19, 2016