Forsyth County Schools recovers instructional time lost due to school closures by utilizing asynchronous online learning using itslearning, the district's online learning management system. 2019-20 is the sixth year of the Online Learning Plan for School Closures.
Class Schedule:When school is closed, elementary will follow an A or B schedule to balance the student workload.
- Teachers will post all assignments by 9 am in itslearning.
- Students should begin working on their lessons on the day missed when possible. Student work is due three school days upon returning to school.
- Student attendance is not connected to the completion of work.
Elementary "A" Day
Elementary "B" Day
Social Studies or Science*
Science or Social Studies*
Music and PE (K-2)
Music and PE (3-5)
*Refer to individual school for details.Please note that elementary schools may have additional specials. Please refer to the individual school for details.Middle and high will follow their normal schedule for that day, and students will complete lessons for classes they would have attended that day (ie: On Monday, Tuesday and Friday a school may have a seven period day, while Wednesday and Thursday they may be a block day).
Teacher Communication:Prior to school closings, teachers will communicate with parents and students how students can find assignments in itslearning and the mode of communication to use to contact teachers. Additionally, teachers will have digital office hours on the days that school is closed.
- Elementary: 9-10 am and 2-3 pm
- Middle and High: 10-11 am and 1-2 pm