You may have up to 2 people on a team but teams and individuals will compete against each other within each grade grouping. Regardless of the length of the project, judging time is 15 minutes. Judges may only view a portion of the actual project.
Judges will use the Animation category rubric as a guideline for exemplary characteristics of projects in this category. Students should use the rubric as a guide for what judges are looking for.
Examples of student-created animated graphics:
Student-created animation example 001
Student-created animation example 002
Additional examples of animated graphics:
- Examples of student-created Adobe Flash animations:
- Adobe Flash animation: Kite (YouTube video) by James Pierson
- Showreel 2012 features additional animations by James Pierson, a great springboard for ideas (Vimeo video and still shots)
- SJAM Animation Team student exemplars made with Adobe Flash and Photoshop
- SJAM Animation Badge: Concept and Terms house great how-to information and examples
- GoAnimate student projects: (YouTube videos)
- Student-created Scratch animations