Bring Your Own Technology
As new technologies continue to change the world in which we live, they also provide many new and positive educational benefits for classroom instruction. To capitalize on these benefits, students may bring their own technology to Settles Bridge Elementary. BYOT focuses on the 4 C's of Digital Age Learning - Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking, while preparing our students for their future.
Using digital devices (whether personal or school owned) and the FCS network, students will be expected to follow the Responsible Use Guidelines set by Forsyth County as well as the Forsyth County Schools Code of Conduct, and other school rules set at Settles Bridge.
- Use digital devices, networks and software in school for educational purposes and activities.
- Keep my personal information (including home/mobile phone number, mailing address, and user password) and that of others private.
- Show respect for myself and others when using technology including social media.
- Give acknowledgement to others for their ideas and work.
- Report inappropriate use of technology immediately.