Dual Enrollment (formally Move On When Ready [MOWR])
Dual Enrollment is a program that provides funding for eligible students in grades 10-12 to take approved college-level coursework for credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements. Want to learn more? Click the links below to read about Dual Enrollment in the state of Georgia and at our local University of North Georgia-Cumming Campus and Lanier Technical School. If a student is interested in pursuing dual enrollment, he/she should make an appointment to speak with his/her counselor to discuss course options.**THE FORSYTH COUNTY SCHOOLS' DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT IS APRIL 30, 2021NO STUDENT PARTICIPATION AGREEMENTS CAN BE APPROVED BY FORSYTH COUNTY AFTER THIS DATE**
University of North Georgia Dual Enrollment InformationDeadline to apply for Fall 2021 semester: April 30, 2021Visit UNG's website for additional informationLanier Technical School Dual Enrollment InformationDeadline to apply for Fall 2021: APRIL 30, 2021Visit Lanier Tech's website for additional information
WFHS Steps to participate in Dual Enrollment**The WFHS Counseling Department strongly encourages students that are interested in Dual Enrollment to manage this application process independently**
**IMPORTANT**WFHS's registration period usually begins in March, which is before the Dual Enrollment application deadlines at the colleges. As a result, students will likely not have confirmation from the college that they have been accepted for Dual Enrollment in time for WFHS's registration window. STUDENT WHO INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN DUAL ENROLLMENT MUST REGISTER WITH WFHS AS IF THEY WILL BE TAKING ALL OF THEIR COURSES AT WFHS. Once we receive confirmation that your student has been accepted to a college for Dual Enrollment, their counselor can go into the student's WFHS schedule and make adjustments. IF STUDENTS DO NOT REGISTER IN THIS MANNER AND FIND OUT LATER THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT BY THE COLLEGE AS ANTICIPATED, IT MAKES THE PROCESS OF SCHEDULING GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT. It is much easier to remove a student from a WFHS class than it is to find space for them later in the spring.Please feel free to contact your student's counselor with any questions you may have.
- Tell your counselor you are interested in Dual Enrollment and that you plan to apply!
- Take the SAT/ACT or the COMPASS (ACCUPLACER for admission consideration to Lanier Tech) prior to the application deadlines listed above. DUE TO THE NEW GUIDELINES, UNG IS NOW ACCEPTING THE PSAT or ACCUPLACER FOR ADMISSION CONSIDERATION. Please reach out to your WFHS counselor and let them know you need your PSAT scores sent. The ACCUPLACER must be scheduled with the college.
- Apply to the college! Students are responsible for submitting ALL required documents for consideration. Students must request a transcript thru Parchment that will be submitted to the college by the registrar. Each transcript request is $8. Click here for detailed instructions
- Students should schedule a virtual meeting with their counselor to review the Dual Enrollment Advisement Form and to discuss the courses they plan/need to take in order to meet graduation requirements. This document must be signed by the student and the parents and emailed to the student's counselor. You can download and print a copy here.
- After acceptance to the college, students must go to www.gafutures.org and complete the 2021-2022 Student Application for Dual Enrollment Funding, which includes the new electronic Student Participation Agreement. This must be done each semester the student plans to participate in Dual Enrollment.
- Students will need to schedule an appointment with the advisor at the college to register for courses. The college advisor is your point of contact at the college level.
- Students will then email a copy of their college schedule to their WFHS counselor. YOUR FUNDING APPLICATION CANNOT BE APPROVED UNTIL WE HAVE A COPY OF YOUR SCHEDULE. The Funding Application will be approved by WFHS prior to the completion of your courses. It is not necessary to have this approved before starting the courses in August.
Last Modified on February 5, 2021