Dual Enrollment (formally Move On When Ready [MOWR])
Dual Enrollment is a program that provides funding for students at eligible high schools that are enrolled to take approved college-level coursework for credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements. Want to learn more? Click the links below to read about Dual Enrollment at the University of North Georgia-Cumming Campus, and at Lanier Technical School. If a student is interested in pursuing this option, they need to make an appointment to speak with their counselor to discuss course options.**THE FORSYTH COUNTY SCHOOLS' DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT HAS BEENEXTENDED TO MAY 15, 2020NO STUDENT PARTICIPATION AGREEMENTS CAN BE SIGNED AFTER THIS DATE**University of North Georgia Dual Enrollment InformationDeadline to apply for Fall 2020 semester: EXTENDED TO MAY 15Visit UNG's website for additional informationLanier Technical School Dual Enrollment InformationDeadline to apply for Fall 2020: EXTENDED TO MAY 15Visit Lanier Tech's website for additional information
WFHS Steps to participate in Dual Enrollment**The WFHS Counseling Department strongly encourages students that are interested in Dual Enrollment to manage this application process independently**
**IMPORTANT**WFHS's 2020-2021 registration period begins in March, which is before the Dual Enrollment application deadlines at the colleges. As a result, students will likely not have confirmation from the college that they have been accepted for Dual Enrollment in time for WFHS's registration window. STUDENT WHO INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN DUAL ENROLLMENT MUST REGISTER WITH WFHS AS IF THEY WILL BE TAKING ALL OF THEIR COURSES AT WFHS. Once we receive confirmation that your student has been accepted to a college for Dual Enrollment, their counselor can go into the student's WFHS schedule and make adjustments. IF STUDENTS DO NOT REGISTER IN THIS MANNER AND FIND OUT LATER THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT BY THE COLLEGE AS ANTICIPATED, IT MAKES THE PROCESS OF SCHEDULING GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT. It is much easier to remove a student from a WFHS class than it is to find space for them later in the spring.Please feel free to contact your student's counselor with any questions you may have.
- Tell your counselor you are interested in Dual Enrollment and that you plan to apply!
- Take the SAT/ACT or the COMPASS (ACCUPLACER for admission consideration to Lanier Tech) prior to the application deadlines listed above.
- Apply to the college! Students are responsible for submitting ALL required documents for consideration. Students must request a transcript thru their MyPaymentsPlus account under the "WFHS Counseling" tab. Each transcript request is $5. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS, INCLUDING PICTURES
- Students should schedule a meeting with their counselor to sign a Student Participation Agreement. This document must be signed by the student, the parents and the student's counselor, and must be submitted with your college application (student's responsibility). You can download and print a copy here.
- After acceptance to the college, students must go to www.gafutures.org and complete the Georgia Student Finance Commission Funding Application. This must be done each semester the student plans to participate in Dual Enrollment.
- Student will need to schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor at the college to register for courses. The college advisor is your point of contact at the college level.
- Student will then bring/email a copy of their college schedule to their WFHS counselor. YOUR FUNDING APPLICATION CANNOT BE APPROVED UNTIL WE HAVE A COPY OF YOUR SCHEDULE.
Last Modified on March 25, 2020