Maintaining the FCHS Media Center Collection
Keeping a media center collection current is an on-going task for media center staff.
- Considerations to determine if a title is a candidate for weeding
- What do members of the media committee recommend?
- Is the book's content outdated?
- How many times has the book circulated?
- Has the book circulated within the last 5 years?
- Has a newer edition been released?
- Is the book an additional copy that is no longer needed?
- Is the book available in a multi-user ebook?
- Is the book damaged beyond repair?
- Considerations for making book purchases
- Is the book on recommended lists by ALA, AASL, or YALSA?
- Is the title an addition to a current series?
- Has the title been requested by a staff member or student?
- Does the media committee recommend the purchase?
- What do professional reviewers recommend?