Dear Dragon Parents,
On behalf of the PTO, welcome to DeSana Middle School! Our 3rd year at The Lair promises to be fantastic with our amazing staff, parents, and students working together to provide an environment for learning and growing. Having experienced DeSana for the past two years, we know that you will see that at DMS, our students have opportunities to be challenged, involved, and prepared for an exciting future.
Here are just some of the ways the PTO hopes to contribute to DeSana:
- Teacher grants to provide funds for iPads, calculators, software, chorus/band/art needs, books, science equipment, and media center materials.
- We support environmental programs including recycling and school ground beautification.
- Capital improvements include benches, picnic tables, the outdoor classroom and signage in the school.
- The PTO will be a major sponsor of the DeSana Day of Good Deeds, which will give an opportunity for our students, staff members, and parent volunteers to provide hands-on service throughout the community and by doing service projects in the school.
- Academic Achievement Awards, Dragon Academy, Red Ribbon Week, PRIDE Awards, and the Book Fair are all supported by the PTO.
- The PTO helps fund and provide volunteer support for the 8th grade dance and picnic.
- Our staff will be regularly celebrated and recognized for their efforts during Staff Appreciation Week.
- Hospitality will be provided to students and parents at school competitions including the Oratorical Contest, Geography Bee and the Spelling Bee.
We hope you will help participate in making these wonderful programs happen by volunteering and joining the PTO. You will find a membership form at the PTO table during Dragon Camp and during Open House, or online.
If you have any questions about the PTO or DeSana Middle School that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We all look forward to meeting you and working alongside the parents, students and staff who have and continue to make DeSana the exceptional school that it has become.
The 2018-2019 DeSana Dragons PTO Board