Technology @ DMS:Our instructional technology vision here at DeSana Middle School is to use classroom technology to engage students in asking questions and choosing tools to facilitate real-world problem solving.
Forsyth County School System has made a considerable investment in technology to help us accomplish our mission. Students are at work with technology every day throughout our building:
- All classrooms have 10 chromebooks for student use.
- Every classroom has a ClearnTouch Interactive board that allows teachers to make presentations to engage learners. Students can then manipulate the information on the board or create their own work in order to internalize concepts.
- Students are able to bring in their own devices and connect to our BYOT wireless network to extend the resources available in each classroom.
- Each grade level has access to a school computer lab as well as multiple chromebook carts that hold 20 Dell touch screen devices in each cart.
- Teachers have access to wireless microphones, document cameras, and web cameras to capture their learning experiences throughout the day and to connect with other classrooms around the world through Microsfot Teams sessions.
At any given time in our building, students might be researching a topic on the Internet, creating a digital movie or digital presentation in lieu of a written report, using an app to practice skills learned in their content area, or collaborating with a classroom or career professional through Microsoft Team sessions.FCS Instructional Technology Resources:Parent Technology Resources: