Tips for Better Attendance!Did You Know:
What You Can Do:
- Students should miss no more than 7 days of school each year to stay engaged, successful and on track to graduation.
- Absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with a bully or facing some other potentially serious difficulty.
- Students can be chronically absent even if they only miss a day or two every few weeks.
- Attendance is an important life skill that will help your child graduate from college and keep a job.
- Make school attendance a priority.
- Help your child stay engaged.
- Communicate with the school.
- Don't let your child stay home unless truly sick; complaints of headaches or stomach aches may be signs of anxiety.
- Check on your child's attendance to be sure absences are not piling up.
Last Modified on August 19, 2018