Homework Tips for Parents:
- Review assignments and develop a plan of action.
- Have your child login onto Canvas.
- Write down your child's login information.
- Divide homework into segments and set time limits for each segment.
- Set short term goals for large projects and write it down.
- Provide a quiet work space.
- Set a regular “homework time.”
- Take short breaks between segments.
- Help with homework, answer questions, and give explanations. Don’t do the homework!
- Check or review homework with your child.
- Contact the teacher with questions or problems, or have your child self-advocate.
- Make Sunday a clean out your binders and backpack night.
- Store important papers in a file or bin and throw out unwanted ones.
- Bring your child back to school one afternoon each quarter (or as needed) to clean out their locker.
- Gradually allow your child to take on more and more responsibility with their work.
- Keep extra school supplies on hand for those unexpected needs. (ex.- poster board, paper, pencils, markers, glue, index cards, printer cartridges, copy paper)
Last Modified on August 9, 2023