Social and Emotional Resources
The FCHS Counseling Department is here to support the social, emotional, and mental wellbeing of our students. While we cannot offer long-term therapy, we can assist in helping families with access to community resources if needed. If you are interested in what community supports we can connect you with, please contact your counselor
If you need immediate medical assistance, please call 911.
IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE IN CRISIS, PLEASE CALL THE NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE AT 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Our school’s Counseling Department is here to support you and has resources available to help you talk with your child. Many of our school leaders, educators, and counselors have been trained in the have resources available to help any students and families needing support. Please do not hesitate to call if we can be of assistance, (770) 887-8151 ext. 111044.
Also, the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities offers the Georgia Crisis and Access Line which is available 24/7 for any type of mental health emergency: 1-800-715-4225.
For more information, please refer to this resource by the National Association of School Psychologists: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-nAqyDGNbirPbxQUl4_hTacBIsHtvhmH/view?usp=sharing
- Mental Health Treatment Support
- Whispering Hope Women's Resource and Pregnancy Center
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225 (Free psychological assessment)
- Supporting Teens' Mental Health Recording (March 2021)
- 13 Tips for Monitoring Kids' Social Media
- Does your teen have a Finsta (a fake Instagram account)? Click here for another informational article about Finstas.
- Be Web Smart: for the Analog Parent in a Digital World
Substance Abuse Support
- Youth Suicide Warning Signs
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Institute of Mental Health Suicide Prevention
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255): National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- A Parent's Guide to Suicide Prevention