Parent & Guardian Resources
itsLearning and Parent Portal:Social Media:
Suicide Prevention and Education:If you or your child are in a crisis, please call the toll-free National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). All calls are confidential and answered 24/7.
- Common Sense Media - Rates movies, shows, books, and video games based on age-appropriateness, so parents can feel comfortable about the media their children use
- FCS Digital Citizenship - Tools for Families - How to use online resources responsibly
- Prevent Suicide Georgia
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Survivors of Suicide Loss Resources
- Warning signs and symptoms, risk factors, and follow up steps for preventing teen suicide.
- Parent guide on drugs and alcohol from the National Institute of Health
- Forsyth County Drug Summit Resources & Referrals
- Signs & Symptoms that your teen may be involved with drugs or alcohol.
- Parent Perspectives on what they wish they had known.
Other Mental Health Resources:
- Academy for Eating Disorders
- CHADD National Resource on ADHD
General Information and Forsyth Community Resources:
**Ask your student's counselor for a list of therapists in our community or feedback on more specific resources. Please know we cannot endorse a particular practice or individual.**
- Community Resource Guide
- Love and Logic Approach to Parenting
- Start Strong: Building Healthy Teen Relationships
- Forsyth County Schools Student Support Services
- The Place of Forsyth
Last Modified on August 31, 2022