Parent & Guardian Resources
itsLearning and Parent Portal:Social Media:
Crisis Prevention and Response:
- Common Sense Media - Rates movies, shows, books, and video games based on age-appropriateness so parents can feel comfortable about the media their children use
- FCS Digital Citizenship - Tools for Families - How to use online resources responsibly
Suicide Prevention and Education:If you or your child are in crisis, please call the toll-free National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). All calls are confidential and answered 24/7.
- Crisis Text Line 24/7 support
- Prevent Suicide Georgia
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month from National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Survivors of Suicide Loss Resources
- Warning signs and symptoms, risk factors, and follow up steps for preventing teen suicide.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center.
- The Georgia Collaborative Administrative Services Organization (ASO). This organization helps connect individuals and families to a network of over 600 providers for a wide range of support services.
- Video released by the Mayo Clinic addressing Teen Suicide Prevention. This video was made by teens for parents.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Search for resources, mental health providers, and treatment programs by location.
- Parent guide on drugs and alcohol from the National Institute of Health
- Forsyth County Drug Summit Resources & Referrals
- Signs & Symptoms that your teen may be involved with drugs or alcohol.
- Parent Perspectives on what they wish they had known.
Other Mental Health Resources:13 Reasons Why:13 Reasons Why is a Netflix show adaptation of a novel by Jay Asher with the same title. The show has experienced controversial reviews due to its portrayal of suicide and mental health. If you or your child is watching or has watched the show, we encourage you to please review the following resources listed below.
- 13 Reasons Why Talking Points
- 13 Reasons Why Educator and Parent Guidance
- 13 Reasons Why & Suicide Prevention Resources
General Information and Forsyth Community Resources:
**Ask your student's counselor for a list of therapists in our community or feedback on more specific resources. Please know we cannot endorse a particular practice or individual.**
- Love and Logic Approach to Parenting
- 7 Mindsets: Teaching Mindsets. Changing Lives.
- Parent Toolkit by NBC News Education Nation & Pearson. Search by age and/or issue.
- Start Strong: Building Healthy Teen Relationships Teen dating.
- Forsyth County Schools Student Support Services
- The Place of Forsyth
Last Modified on November 2, 2021