Students will be allowed in the building beginning at 8:00 A.M. They will proceed to the cafeteria. Students will be dismissed to classrooms starting at 8:45 A.M.
Please consider dropping your students off between 8:30 A.M.- 8:55 A.M. Students arriving by bus or car-rider line at 8:45 A.M. or later, will report directly to their classrooms. Students arriving by bus prior to 8:30 A.M. will be reporting to the gym where we will follow social distancing guidelines.
- Breakfast will be served from the cafeteria from 8:15am through 8:55 A.M. Students who ride the bus to school should report directly to the cafeteria if they wish to purchase breakfast.
- Students will be dismissed from the gymnasium and the cafeteria at 8:45 am.
- Students arriving after 9:00am will be considered tardy, and should be checked in by a parent/guardian through the main office.
- Due to congestion in the front parking lot at the end of the day, it may be difficult for students to be checked out after 4:00pm.
- Dismissal from Piney Grove will occur in waves starting at 4:15pm.
- Car Riders and Walkers
- Bus Dismissal (Waves will be called as buses arrive for departure)
- Students wishing to walk off campus must receive a pass, authorized from the PGMS Administration. Forms to request a pass are available from the front office.
- All students should be picked up from school no later than 4:45pm, unless they are attending a supervised after school event (with parent permission), or attending practices or club activities.
Car Rider Expectations
- All students arriving by car should be dropped off in the front parking lot. No students should be dropped off or picked up by car in the rear of the building, unless they are attending a practice or intramural (club) activity.
- To expedite arrival/departure, cars should pull as far forward as possible in the car rider line. Staff members will be present to direct traffic during peak arrival/departure times.
- Students are not permitted to walk across the driveway from the parking lot.
Parking at Piney Grove
- For general parking at Piney Grove, please enter campus through the main entrance on Majors Road. All visitors should park in the front parking lot and check in through the main office.
- For special events, parking is available in the front and rear of the building. The rear parking lot is available via the driveway indicated by the PGMS Event Parking sign on Majors Road.
- Special Events include, but are not limited to the following.
- Student Recognition Ceremonies
- Athletic Events (i.e. Football, Basketball)
- Open House
- Curriculum Night
- Parent Conferences
- Overflow parking may also be available in the Shiloh Point Elementary School front and rear parking lots.