Brandywine's and Kelly Mill's DLI Parent Information Nights will be online. Check back for the links soon.
January 4 - May 15, 2021:
Application and Parent Commitments for rising Kindergarteners zoned to Brandywine ES, Cumming ES, Kelly Mill ES, and Mashburn ES only.
May 24 - June 15, 2021:
Application and Parent Commitments for Forsyth County rising Kindergarteners zoned to non-DLI elementary schools.
(Applications will go live on May 24, 2021 if there are openings after the application period ends for zoned students.)
Participating Schools in FCS:
- Brandywine Elementary (K-2)
- Cumming Elementary (K-2)
- Kelly Mill Elementary (K-2)
- Mashburn Elementary (K)
Dual Language Immersion (DLI) is not a traditional world language class. DLI is an instructional model where, starting in Kindergarten, students are taught 50% of the day in a target language and 50% in English. The goal is for students to graduate high school bilingual and biliterate in English and a second language. A team of two teachers collaborates on teaching all content areas. Math, Science and target language Literacy are taught by an immersion teacher, while English Language Arts, Social Studies and English Literacy are taught by an English-speaking teacher.
Please complete the DLI Interest Form 2021-2022 if you would like to receive information about the DLI program for your rising Kindergartener.
- Georgia Insights DLI
- Forsyth County News Article December 2019
- Forsyth Herald DLI Article September 2018
- DLI Brochure English 2017
- DLI Brochure Espanol 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions in DLI
- Presentation from 1st Parent Info Night (November/December 2017)
- Presentation from 2nd Parent Info Night (March 2018)
- DLI School Locator Dashboard by KSU
Contact for more information:
770-887-2461 ext. 202249