IS YOUR CHILD TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL ?
The main reasons for keeping your child home are:
- If he/she is too sick to be comfortable at school
- If he/she can spread a contagious illness/disease to another child
A child should stay at home:
- If the fever is greater that 100.4 °F.
- If vomiting and /or diarrhea has occurred within the last 24 hours.
A child is not to return to school until fever free, diarrhea, and/or vomiting has stopped for a full 24 hours without medication.
- If a child has a frequent, persistent cough.
- If a child has a persistent pain (stomach, ear, etc.)
- If Strep Throat Infection or Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) has been diagnosed by a physician with antibiotics ordered – child must remain out of school for 24 hours after antibiotics have been started.
- If influenza, strep infection, communicable childhood disease, illness or organism has been medially diagnosed by a physician, please alert Nurse Amanda at (770) 887-4584 Ext 710402 or email at AHughes@forsyth.k12.ga.us.
Last Modified on August 25, 2022