SUMMER SCHOOL OPTIONS AND PROGRAMS
1. Extended School Year (ESY)
Location: Online/distance learning
Date: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday June 2 to July 16, 2020. Off week of June 29-July 3, 2020
The system's Extended School Year (ESY) program is for identified special education students. The program will run three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), from 8:00-12:00 using distance learning.
2. High School Summer School Math Academy
Location: Forsyth Virtual School
Date: Monday through Thursday, June 1-25, 2020 (9:00 am-1:00 pm)
Summer School Math Academy is designed to allow students the opportunity to earn credit for previously failed GSE Algebra I, GSE Geometry, GSE Algebra II and Pre-calculus. The instruction will be provided in a virtual learning setting. Students will register through Forsyth Virtual: $300 for a course, with a prorated refund schedule based on student grades (schedule is available in website provided - Summer Math Academy Registration Guide).
3. Title IV High School Summer Program
Location: Forsyth Virtual School
Date: Monday through Thursday, June 1-18, 2020 (8:00 am to 1:00 pm)
The Title IV High School Summer Program is designed to allow 9th- 11th grade students the opportunity to earn credit for previously failed English Language Arts (9th & 10th Grade Lit/Comp; American Lit/Comp) and Science (Biology, Physical Science, Earth Systems and Environmental Science) courses. The instruction will be provided in a virtual learning setting. Students will register through their school counselor.
4. Forsyth Virtual AcademyImportant FAQs about FVA can be found here. Courses Available: Health (0.5), Personal Fitness (0.5), Government (0.5), Spanish III (1.0), Introduction to Digital Technology (1.0)Registration Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j08nUNPr7vAmWTLD1QLjVxnFkamZMk6f/view
5. Georgia Virtual School Courses:
Registration links: https://gavs.gavirtualschool.org/GAVSRegWeb/ (GAVS Platform)
AND https://fcsapps.forsyth.k12.ga.us/FAApplication/OnlineApplication.aspx (FCSS Portal). You must complete both forms.
The GAVS registration process is as follows:
Step 1: Students access portal linked above and choose the course(s) they would like to take virtually.
Step 2: Parent/guardian receives email notification that their student intends to take a summer GAVS course.
Step 3: Student applies for course on the GAVS platform.
Step 4: School-based GAVS Facilitator will approve the course on the GAVS platform.
Step 5: Student/Parent submit payment directly to GAVS on the GAVS platform.6. Mountain Education Charter High SchoolIf you are interested in taking a summer course at Mountain Education Charter High School, please contact your Lambert HS Counselor for the appropriate paperwork.
- If you wish to take a course at any platform other than those listed above, please let your School Counselor know PRIOR to registering. We need to ensure that the platform you are using is accredited. Courses taken through non-accredited or unapproved platforms will not be honored.
- If you are a rising 9th grader, please indicate your base HIGH SCHOOL on any forms.
- If you fail a class during the school year and wish to retake the class over the summer, please contact your School Counselor before registering for anything. We have additional options that may be available to you.