(Visits are during Tutorials or lunch)
Oct. 6 - GCSU - 10:09
Oct. 12 - Gardner Webb - 1:15
Oct. 15 - Yale University - 1:15
Oct. 19 - Vanderbilt University - 1:15
Oct. 21 - University of Alabama - 1:15
Oct. 23 - Mercer - 1:15
Nov. 17 - University of North GA
March 17 - U.S. Army
March 23 - GA Military College
March 25 - Reinhardt University
Georgia Gwinnett College is waiving the $30 application fee April 19 – April 26, 2021! Please encourage your students to apply free during this period.
Click here to apply free!
Information on program here: https://admission.gatech.edu/dualenrollment/distance-math-programs
Summer Registration 2021 by Philip Lyerly
Virtual Student Scheduling Seminar Info
If you are the parent/guardian of a full-time virtual student, please keep reading. If you have a student who attends at least one face-to-face class at Denmark, please disregard this message.
Our course registration process for next school year is chugging right along. Our counselors have been holding individual scheduling meetings with our face-to-face students this week to discuss course selection for next school year. Being that your student is full-time virtual, we would like to offer them the opportunity to have an individual meeting as well.
Beginning February 17th, we will facilitate four different sessions for full-time virtual students to meet with a Denmark Counselor to discuss their courses for next school year. The focus of these meetings is only on course selection for next school year. The Educational Setting (face-to-face or virtual) selection process will not begin until April or May. More information about Educational Setting selection will be provided later.
The session your student attends will be based on the student's last name. Masks are expected for those students who choose to participate and social distancing will be practiced, when possible. The days/times and alphabet breakdowns are provided below:
Wednesday, February 17th
9 AM - 11 AM
Last Names A - F
Thursday, February 18th
9 AM - 11 AM
Last Names G - M
Thursday, February 18th
1 PM - 3 PM
Last Names N - R
Friday, February 19th
9 AM - 11 AM
Last Names S - Z
If your student chooses to participate:
- Prior to the day of your student's meeting, please access our 2021 - 2022 scheduling page and the DHS Pathways webpage to watch the scheduling videos and access the various documents which outline our variety of course offerings.
- On the day of the meeting, please arrive to the school, via the Fowler Road entrance, during the correct time frame, proceed to the bus lane, and pull up to the school entrance alongside the curb to drop off your student
- An administrator or counselor will check your student in and direct them to an available counselor
- If all counselors are occupied with a meeting, students will remain in the vehicle until a counselor is available.
- Only students are permitted to attend the meeting with the counselor -- parents/guardians are to remain in the vehicle at all times
- After the student enters the school, the driver of the vehicle will pull around the bus lane and park in an available spot.
- The meeting with the counselor should take 10 minutes, at most.
- Upon conclusion of the meeting, the student will exit the building and proceed to the appropriate parked vehicle.
If your student is not able to come to school during the designated time frame, you may email their counselor to schedule a virtual meeting to discuss courses for next school year. However, these meetings will not begin until February 25th, so please plan accordingly.
Applications now open! More information HERE
The University of Alabama’s Free App Week is running November 16-20, 2020.
This your opportunity to continue to build off of your hard work and dedication toward your futures without the pressure of cost.
Senior students and families will receive an email with their personal code on launch day (November 16). The code will only be available to out-of-state and international prospects. Students have until 11:59 p.m. CST on November 20 to complete their application.
Event where students will have the opportunity to compete for Engineering, Industrial Management, or Technical Communication scholarships, ranging up to full tuition. More info HERE.
United States Army Cadet Command - College Leadership Fair
26 September 2020 from 10am-1pm
This event will bring over 100 Universities to students across our country in a safe and virtual environment. Students will have the ability to move around virtual tables to talk to the University Army ROTC programs, advisors, and current students at the Universities.
- Over 100 virtual tables hosted by University Army ROTC programs
- Register to Win a new PlayStation 4
- Listen to previous 4-year scholarship winners
- Talk to University admissions to learn how to get in
- Talk to currently serving Officers to learn about career options
- Learn about other scholarship opportunities
- Be a part of a historic event!
- Supporters will have tables at the event as well! (Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and much more)
Spanish Webinar Series
Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
In an effort to support our Latinx students during these uncertain times, Undergraduate Admissions representatives from The University of North Georgia will be hosting a virtual town hall for Spanish-speaking parents and students. The town hall will cover school updates from admissions, orientation, and financial aid. Multiple staff members will be available to answer questions in Spanish and English.
Link to register HERE
Video showing how to monitor your student's engagment in virtual classes CLICK HERE
The virtual fall tour will occur in two mini-fairs during the evenings of:
November 2, November 4-5
High school student sign up web page at gaprobe.org/students. This will allow us to directly email them when tour registration goes live and to provide updates on participating colleges.
Panels and presentations will be available through Zoom Webinars and pre-registration for each session is required. There is no charge to participate.
Parents may sign up for registration announcements and information updates at gaprobe.org/parents.
We realize not having an in-person Fair will be different than in years past; however, we are confident that Georgia high school students and their families will be able to learn more about colleges and universities through this format.
Dear Class of 2021,
We have a lot of information to share with you! The Senior Seminar will cover information about graduation, college applications, financial aid, as well as other postsecondary planning information. This year, we will be sharing this presentation in the form of a video. Please review the following notes as it pertains to you and your student:
- If you are a student that is taking a senior level English class in the building, you will be watching this presentation in class today or Tuesday. Counselors will join you to answer any questions after the video is played.
- If you are a student that is a senior that is not attending English in the building, please watch this video. We will offer 2 Q&A sessions for virtual students on Tuesday. Click below for the links to login:
- If you are a parent or guardian of a senior, please view the video prior to the Q&A session. We will host a Senior Parent/Guardian Q&A session on Thursday. Click the below link to login to the sessions:
- 6pm Q&A: CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO.
For 2020/2021 Senior Seminary Preseantation CLICK HERE
Hello Parents and #classof2024,
The DHS community is excited for your student to join the Dane Family. This year Freshman Orientation will look a little different. Instead of attending the day before school FO will be held on Monday, August 10th. We will be having three waves of students in order to keep group sizes small and comply with CDC guidelines.
- Group One: 9:00am - 10:15am (Students arrive at 8:45)
- Group Two: 10:00am - 11:15am (Students arrive at 9:45)
- Group Three: 11:00am - 12:15am (Students arrive at 10:45)
- Virtual Orientation Option
Please use this google form to choose which Orientation your child would like to attend: Freshman Orientation RSVP . This form is due by Tuesday August 4th. Once you complete the form you will receive an invitation Friday August 7th with orientation directions. We cannot wait to meet you!
Forsyth County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or gender in employment decisions or educational programs and activities.