(Visits are during Tutorials or lunch)
United States Army Cadet Command - College Leadership Fair
26 September 2020 from 10am-1pm
This event will bring over 100 Universities to students across our country in a safe and virtual environment. Students will have the ability to move around virtual tables to talk to the University Army ROTC programs, advisors, and current students at the Universities.
- Over 100 virtual tables hosted by University Army ROTC programs
- Register to Win a new PlayStation 4
- Listen to previous 4-year scholarship winners
- Talk to University admissions to learn how to get in
- Talk to currently serving Officers to learn about career options
- Learn about other scholarship opportunities
- Be a part of a historic event!
- Supporters will have tables at the event as well! (Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and much more)
Spanish Webinar Series
Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
In an effort to support our Latinx students during these uncertain times, Undergraduate Admissions representatives from The University of North Georgia will be hosting a virtual town hall for Spanish-speaking parents and students. The town hall will cover school updates from admissions, orientation, and financial aid. Multiple staff members will be available to answer questions in Spanish and English.
Link to register HERE
Video showing how to monitor your student's engagment in virtual classes CLICK HERE
The virtual fall tour will occur in two mini-fairs during the evenings of:
November 2, November 4-5
High school student sign up web page at gaprobe.org/students. This will allow us to directly email them when tour registration goes live and to provide updates on participating colleges.
Panels and presentations will be available through Zoom Webinars and pre-registration for each session is required. There is no charge to participate.
Parents may sign up for registration announcements and information updates at gaprobe.org/parents.
We realize not having an in-person Fair will be different than in years past; however, we are confident that Georgia high school students and their families will be able to learn more about colleges and universities through this format.
Dear Class of 2021,
We have a lot of information to share with you! The Senior Seminar will cover information about graduation, college applications, financial aid, as well as other postsecondary planning information. This year, we will be sharing this presentation in the form of a video. Please review the following notes as it pertains to you and your student:
- If you are a student that is taking a senior level English class in the building, you will be watching this presentation in class today or Tuesday. Counselors will join you to answer any questions after the video is played.
- If you are a student that is a senior that is not attending English in the building, please watch this video. We will offer 2 Q&A sessions for virtual students on Tuesday. Click below for the links to login:
- If you are a parent or guardian of a senior, please view the video prior to the Q&A session. We will host a Senior Parent/Guardian Q&A session on Thursday. Click the below link to login to the sessions:
- 6pm Q&A: CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO.
For 2020/2021 Senior Seminary Preseantation CLICK HERE
Hello Parents and #classof2024,
The DHS community is excited for your student to join the Dane Family. This year Freshman Orientation will look a little different. Instead of attending the day before school FO will be held on Monday, August 10th. We will be having three waves of students in order to keep group sizes small and comply with CDC guidelines.
- Group One: 9:00am - 10:15am (Students arrive at 8:45)
- Group Two: 10:00am - 11:15am (Students arrive at 9:45)
- Group Three: 11:00am - 12:15am (Students arrive at 10:45)
- Virtual Orientation Option
Please use this google form to choose which Orientation your child would like to attend: Freshman Orientation RSVP . This form is due by Tuesday August 4th. Once you complete the form you will receive an invitation Friday August 7th with orientation directions. We cannot wait to meet you!
Forsyth County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or gender in employment decisions or educational programs and activities.