Denmark High School Attendance
Phone: 470.533.2521 ext. 511411
FCSS Attendance Policy: https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/page/688
Please forward attendance / check-in / check-out information for your student to Mrs. Niki Stull, Attendance Secretary. Parent or medical notes can be sent in with your student, delivered in person, faxed or emailed. NO checkouts or excused absences by phone.
- Please include: student first and last name, student ID number, date(s) of absence(s) and reason.
- Notes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , submitted in writing to the attendance office located in the DHS counseling office or sent by fax to 470.533.2522 within five (5) school days of absence to be excused.
- Student written notes are not accepted.
- Students are to be in class at 8:25 AM
- If arriving after 8:25 AM students are tardy and should report directly to the attendance office to check in and receive a pass to class.
- Students may check themselves in without a parent/guardian.
- No check-outs after 3:15 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up before this time.
- DHS does not use the pick-up list from your student’s card from middle school. We go strictly by the information you enter in Parent Portal. DHS will not release any student to someone who is not on their approved pick-up list. To update this list, log in to Parent Portal and select the Demographics tab where you can add approved adults. You will need to do this for each student you have at Denmark High School. If you need help with your Parent Portal login, visit: https://campus.forsyth.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/forsyth.jsp
- When checking a student out, you will need to provide the student number and your picture ID. * Tip: store your student’s ID number on your phone.
- If it is necessary for your student to check-out early due to illness, they must see the school nurse first. Nurse Varner may require that their parent or guardian provide approval prior to the student leaving school premises or it may be necessary for the student to be picked up.
- Email check out requests are only for students who drive to school. Students who drive themselves are permitted to check out early provided that their parent or guardian send an email to the attendance office. Email should originate from the parent/guardian email on file in Parent Portal and include: student first and last name, student ID number, date, time, reason and parent/guardian contact number. We require at least one hour prior to the student’s check out time. Students who do not check-out with the attendance office before leaving campus will be considered skipping.
- Students may not check out and back in during lunch.
**Lunches, sports equipment, homework, cellphones or deliveries (unless it is prescription medicine) will be not be accepted.**