Sponsor: Trey Frilot
Description: Students will prepare to compete in Riverwatch's Geography Bee. The student who winds the Riverwatch Geographic Bee will have the opportunity to qualify for the state level geography bee.
Why should I join the club?
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of the world. Go above and beyond what you learn in Social Studies class to gain an in-depth knowledge of World Geography.
- Participate in discussions about geography, games, and mock geographic bees with your peers at monthly geographic bee club meetings.
- Compete for the opportunity to represent your school on the state and even national level.
- The Riverwatch Geographic Bee winner will be elegible to compete in the Georgia Geographic Bee held at Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, GA.
- The Georgia winner will be invited to National Geographic headquarters in late May to compete in the national finals for scholarships in the amount of U.S. $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000.
Time/Location: 8:15 am (Room 437 - 8th grade hall.)
Meeting dates: (these dates are subject to change)
- Friday, September 6
- Friday, September 20
- Friday, October 11
- Friday, November 8
- Thursday, November 21
- Friday, December 6
- Wednesday, January 8
- Friday, January 10 (RMS Geography Bee)
- State Level Bee, held in Milledgeville, GA - Spring 2020
- National Level Bee, held in Washington, D.C. – Spring 2020
Physical: Not Required
Registrations: Get application from Mr. Frilot. Applications are due on November 1, 2019