Description: For complete information click HERE!
The RMS School Student Council plans and organizes events for our school as well as service projects and fundraisers to help the community.
Who can participate?
- The RMS Student Council President and Vice President must be in 8th To run for these positions, students must complete an application and meet the academic requirement.
- We are looking for some dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed Middle School students to lead the Student Council for the 2019-2020 school year. Qualities necessary for President and Vice President are:
- Leadership skills – Are you willing to lead committees and be a representative for your school?
- Creative – Are you able to think of new and exciting activities and fundraisers for the student council?
- Communicative – Are you able to share ideas with other student council members, your class and all of RMS?
- Team player – You could be working with a team to generate ideas and organize events for the Student Council.
- Responsible – You will be responsible for running activities throughout the school and you must be reliable.
- Committed – This is a year long activity and if you volunteer now, you will be expected to come to all meetings for the remainder of the year.
2019-2020 Student Council Application Timeline
- Aug 19th Interested students attend informational meeting and pick up packet
- Aug 23rd Deadline for submission of completed packet to Ms. Yu in room 388
by 4:15pm. NO packets will be accepted after the deadline.
Primary Election Timeline
- Aug 28th Campaign posters and paragraph submitted to Ms. Yu by 8:45 am.
- Sept 3rd Campaign Posters can be hung up in 6th, 7th, and Connections hallways.
Sept 3rd Campaign handouts must be submitted to Ms. Yu for approval. Items should
be divided into two bags—one for each day of campaigning.
- Sept 16-17th Campaigning-each set of candidates will have one day of campaigning on the
6th grade hall and one day on the 7th grade hall.
- Sept 19th Primary Election Day-come by Ms. Yu’s Room (388) at end of day for results.
Students advancing to the general election will receive additional
information at this time.
Fitness Physical: N/A
Registrations: Application is required. Click HERE for application. Application deadline is August 23, 2019.
More Information: Click HERE.